A Penske Senior Java Web Programmer Analyst - Angular develops and maintains computer applications for end user groups. Analyze performance of applications, and troubleshoot problems. Involved in the coding, testing and documentation of the proposed solution. Candidate must possess good project management and communications skills with the ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects or lead/mentor small project teams
Work with Penske Leads and internal customers to define and gather requirements and map them to technical specifications
Involved in the review of code from junior level and offshore programmers or external vendors
Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
Involved in analyzing system/software performance
Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 5 or more years of functional experience including development and implementation of functional and technical specifications for applications are required
- 1 or more years of lead experience and project management (including mid-to-large scale projects) required
- Work with Penske Leads and internal customers to define and gather requirements and map them to technical specifications.
- Full System Development Lifecycle experience. Participate in all aspects of the Penske defined Software Development lifecycle. Support existing software development efforts and develop new software modules.
- Involved in the review of code from junior level and/or offshore programmers or external vendors
- JAVA/J2EE preferably using a web application server like Websphere or JBoss
- SQL - Experience in writing optimized complex SQL statements.
- Angular JS
- Spring Framework and Design Patterns, iBatis
- Web Services/SOA
- Relational Database Design
- Pluses: Agile/Kanban; responsive and adaptive development; Mobile Smart Phones; Nodejs,Gulp,Maven,GIT,BitBucket/STASH,JIRA,Confluence, Bamboo,ANT; jQuery or jQuery Mobile; Oracle, iSeries DB2, and MS SQL database experience; UML