Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. Their instrumentation products have Medical Device, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Transportation and other broad Industrial Engineering applications.
The company fosters an innovative, collaborative and creative environment. Employees work creatively to design solutions for their customers’ most challenging questions. It is this passion that make this a great place to work.
The client is looking to hire a Application Engineer that will work out of its North Bergen County Office location. This professional will provide application expertise support to business development and sales teams to help contribute to a positive pre-sales experience for prospects and existing customers alike.
The ideal candidate will have a technically sound background with the ability to communicate at a very high technical level while also being able to translate to the layman. Enjoy working with customers to solve complex problems as well as product management and engineering teams to determine future road map development.
The job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support business development and sales team to further the development of sales and contribute to a positive pre-sales and after-sales experience for prospects and existing customers alike. Conduct customer consultations, pre-sales feasibility studies, product field trials and general support.
• Provide technical advice regarding the use of our high-speed machine vision cameras and their integration in the customers’ systems, experiments and test setups to help our sales team, our channel-partners/distributors, integrators as well as customers understand why our products are the best fit for their needs.
• Customer on-site visit and demonstrations to provide training and gathering application information including feature functionality specifications and technical issues. Travel may also include tradeshow activities.
• Think out of the box and imagine / design new technical solutions to customer cases and technical situations, using our products along with existing and new 3rd party products.
• Gather information regarding the variety of machine vision situations where Phantom streaming high-speed cameras may be used to continuously build application engineering expertise. This knowledge will be used in sales activities to capitalize on existing customer references as well as internally to provide input data for business development activities. This includes pre- and post-sale customer visits, technology watch, attending and speaking at technical conferences and seminars.
• Provide input to Product Marketing, Engineering and Operations teams to help direct the development of new products that reflect market trends and customer needs.
• Provide reporting regarding application engineering activities, technical market trends and customer feedback.
• Contribute to marketing activities by providing technical material to our factory Marketing department (knowledgebase articles, application notes, success stories, sample videos, etc…) to help build the Phantom brand
Phantom cameras will be implemented into complex machine vision systems – interaction with technically educated OEM, integrators and end users to problem solve complex and challenging situations. The position will involve a high degree of travel. This role is suited to a confident and organized professional, who has worked in a similar high technology company.
- B.S. degree, preferably in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering. MS / MBA is a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a fast-paced technological environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in C, C++, or other object-oriented programming language
- Existing knowledge and experience with machine vision systems is required. High speed imaging experience would be highly desirable.
o Knowledge of various digital camera interfaces including CoaXPress, IEEE-1394, USB2, USB3, CameraLink, and Gigabit Ethernet
o Experience in third party image acquisition or processing software
o Experience setting up complex camera systems
o Knowledge of optics and/or lighting for machine vision applications
o Knowledge of basic machine vision techniques and applications
- Capacity to learn fast and build / maintain expertise based on very diverse field activities.
- Excellent teaching / training skills, to be able to “popularize” high speed imaging for people not familiar with this technology.
- Capacity to be autonomous, think out of the box and be creative when facing difficult or unusual situations.
- Ability to travel relatively extensively both domestically and internationally.
- Excellent customer relation skills and good team player.
- Technical knowledge of digital imaging, camera technology, optical systems is required.
- Existing knowledge of high speed imaging systems highly desirable.
- Good English oral and written communication skills are required.
- US Citizenship required.