New Year! New Career Opportunity! Consider joining our engineering team in our Vehicular Instrumentation Systems Business Unit in our Grand Junction, Colorado location. This unique city on the western side of the Rocky Mountains offers great outdoor opportunities year round including mountain biking, hiking, fishing and skiing. You will also find plenty of restaurants, wineries, and opportunities to soak up in arts and culture attractions in the downtown area.
As a Hardware Design Engineer, you will be instrumental in the electrical hardware design of a wide range of new and existing instrumentation and control products for our Vehicular Instrumentation Systems product line.
VIS is a part of Instrumentation Systems Business Unit of Instrumentation and Specialty Controls Division of AMETEK. VIS is a is a world leader in the design and manufacture of rugged vehicle instrumentation, controllers, and display systems.
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4.5 billion.
AMETEK solves its customer's most-challenging problems with differentiated technology solutions. With operations in more than 30 countries, our businesses serve a diverse range of industries with a portfolio of market-leading products and brands.
Please note that under ITAR regulations (due to contracts with government contractors) we prefer candidates who are U.S. permanent residents or U.S. citizens. Employment of other candidates would be subject to special ITAR licencing.
1. Develop product requirements and perform electronic hardware design based upon customer specifications and industry regulations
2. Create required engineering documentation to support new product development. This includes schematics, specifications, drawings, bills of materials, FMEA, test plans and reports, and other related documentation
3. Conduct verification and validation testing on new and existing designs. Work with both internal and external resources to complete testing.
4. Work with other groups within the Vehicular Instrumentation Systems (VIS) organization (Software, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering) to support the manufacture and delivery of products during development and after start of production.
5. Identify new technologies and design solutions to enable VIS displays and controls to be the best in class in terms of cost, quality and performance.
6. Develop concept designs and provide product costs to support customer requests for quotations.
7. Provide design/validation solutions for component obsolescence.
8. Participate in hardware/software design reviews.
1. Minimum of 5 year of experience in electronic hardware development and manufacturing, with an emphasis on analog and digital design.
2. Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or the equivalent.
3. Knowledge of instrumentation and controls, DC/DC power supplies and communication protocols (CAN).
4. Knowledge of 8/16/32 bit microprocessors: Freescale MPC, iMX5/6 and high speed design.
5. Knowledge of relevant industry regulations (CE, SAE, etc.) and experience with demonstrating compliance via qualification testing.
6. A plus would be experience working with customers at various stages of product development starting with initial concept reviews to post launch product support.
7. Has good written and oral communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
8.Demonstrates drive and initiative in completing tasks.
9. A team player who can work well with others to accomplish tasks.
10. Strong motivation and potential to grow into a team leader role in long term future
11.U.S. Residency or U.S. citizenship preferred